Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Sandwich Comment

It's been a while since we've posted on our blog... a lot has been happening. Nothing especially interesting, just life keeping us busy. Tonight it was just Andrew and I for dinner, so we decided to go simple and he requested a pb&j sandwich. Well, we are trying out a new kind of bread that's a little wider than the stuff Andrew is used to, so when I cut it into strips to serve to him (the way he likes it), I cut it into five strips instead of the four strips that he's accustomed to. I didn't think anything of it until I he loudly declared, "Freakin-a!!! WHAT did you do to my sandwich???!!!!"

LOL!!!!! I can't stop laughing. It happened a few hours ago and I still can't stop laughing when I think about it! The things that come out of his mouth now... at just 3 1/2 years old.... it makes me wonder what kind of things I said at his age. Anywho, I hope that one gave you a good laugh.

PS: The new bread was Grandma Emilie's Hearty Old Fashioned White, and it is especially delicious in grilled cheese sandwiches. I'm impressed. It's dense enough that it doesn't squish or fall apart easily, and it has a great flavor to it. We try to eat whole grain bread when we can, but if we're going to 'splurge' on white bread, it'd better be good. We think this bread is a winner.

No comments: