Friday, June 22, 2007

Wow!!

Tonight something happened that I don't want to forget any time soon. It's one of those cool stories that I want to remember when Andrew is older, and I know that if I don't make a record of it now that I'll most definitely forget it sooner than most people would think is possible.

It was almost Andrew's bedtime and per his request we were checking our email when I thought I'd introduce him to one of my favorite computer games - Monopoly Tycoon. It's very oldschool as far as PC games go, but for some reason I've always loved it. When I was on bed rest while pregnant with Andrew it was one of the only things that kept me sane, so I often would spend hours and hours playing just to make the time go faster.

After Andrew was born I had other things to keep me occupied so I just stopped playing the game; and then when our computer crashed several months ago I just never bothered to reinstall the game - until earlier this week. I only played it once that night while Andrew was sleeping, and then again tonight when I wanted to share it with Andrew. So I started a game and was showing Andrew the buildings, people, parks, etcetera when he turned to me with a really excited look on his face and said, "Mommy, you played this game a LOT when I was a baby in your tummy! You did!!"

WOW! I about fell out of my chair! It's so awesome to have those little reminders from time to time that our children are still so incredibly close to their Heavenly Father.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Oh my gosh, what a story! That's crazy. Amazing. Now I'm wondering what Audrey knows!

Alicia said...

Wow is definitely an appropriate title for this story. Crazy that even before they're born, our children seem to be learning from our examples. You'll be very glad you took the time to write that one down.