Saturday, September 11, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Maddie Kate!






Maddie Kate turned one year old this week and we can hardly believe how quickly the year flew by!!

For those who may be curious, we took her to the doctor for her 1 year checkup she weighed exactly 21 pounds and was 30 inches tall (in the 50th percentile for weight and 85th percentile for height). She's healthy and doing great. She got her 2nd tooth this week and she has four more that are pushing their way through on the top, so when you add that to the five shots she got... this poor girl is in a lot of pain today!

We had a small birthday celebration this morning with Maddie's favorite... chocolate! As you can see from those pictures, she didn't hesitate to cram it in her mouth and every other crevice she could manage. :) I wimped out on the elaborate cake and just went with cupcakes instead, but I'm glad that I did because we had a small dishwasher catastrophe last night and I never could have done the fancy cake in time. Maybe next year.

We love you Maddie Kate!! Happy birthday big girl!!!

No comments: