Saturday, June 6, 2009

Yay Us!!!

We are (almost) moved in to our new home and we are so excited to catch up on sleep and get settled in. All we have left to do is to take a couple carloads of items to the new home and then clean the old home tonight (gotta get that deposit back!!) - and then it's ALL OVER.

Our lives finally settled down enough that we could find a house to buy that felt like home and take that leap. Life has truly been preparing us for this for a while now, and what a blessing that it happened!!!

The home we purchased is located in a city about 20 miles south of where we live now, but it'll still take Travis the same amount of time to get to work, so no loss there. The great part is we'll be a LOT closer to the hospital where I'll be having my baby, Trav will be driving on the freeway to work instead of that back road full of sinkholes and deer, Andrew will be going to a great school, and we'll be SO much closer to Walmart, Home Depot, a movie theater, restaurants, and all the other lovely types of establishments that scream "civilization!!"

Earlier this afternoon I sent out an email (to all our friends and family that I have email addresses for) containing our new address, phone number, etcetera. If you didn't receive it, let me know your email address and I'll send it to ya.

I expect that the next post on our blog will be filled with pics of our home once we've settled in and it looks halfway decent. Now, that may take some time since I've kinda been overdoing it this week and I need to relax for a couple days before I dive into the unpacking, for the baby's sake. For right now I've got to get back to work so we can get out of this place and have it over with. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Winter mama said...

I'm happy for you guys the can find a house the you really like.
Hope you can get some rest.