Wednesday, January 7, 2009

White, White, White... Whoops!






This Christmas I had my new camera (thanks Trav!!!) so instead of taking tons of pictures of Christmas morning, I filmed it. I've had so much fun dealing with those "videos" that I didn't get around to editing the pictures we took until now. Thus, the delayed post.

All in all, Christmas was good to us this year. Very good. Very yummy! New Years Eve was spent at home watching movies and playing board games, with lots of yummy snacks, naturally. Since then, it hasn't stopped snowing! White, white, white!!! The snow berm along our front walkway is taller than Andrew, and we finally gave in and put chains on our car tires. Luckily, it hasn't snowed today. Yet.

Now, for the "whoops" part. With all that snow comes lots of ice. Last night Trav was locking up the cars & buildings at work when he wiped out on the ice. Messed his right knee up pretty good. When he called in sick to work today they told him to go to the hospital, so we spent the afternoon there. Luckily there's absolutely no wait at our small town hospital ER, so we weren't there for too long. The doctor and x-rays agreed that the injury isn't too bad, but he still needs to have an immobilizer on his knee for the next week or two, and we picked him up a blue cane to help him walking around the house. Come to think of it.... I'm not sure how he's going to get up the stairs. Heh, heh, heh.... probably turn around and scoot up the stairs on his bum. Poor guy.

Speaking of Trav, for those who haven't checked it out, in our "Friends & Family" list to the right there's a link to "Travis I Am", a new blog that he has started. If you like conservative politics or just want to get to know him better, you've got to check it out!

2 comments:

Winter mama said...

HEY WHY SO WHITE? YOUR BOY IS SUCH A CUTIE HE IS SO GROW UP.

Keith and Family said...

It sounds like all of you enjoyed Christmas, and the snow. Just not the ice, eh?