Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ah... Autumn!

We have had a fun/busy month. I lost my camera, so I have NO pictures to post. Sorry. Just for journaling sake, I wanted to share a few little bits from things that have happened this month.

First, a few weeks ago we got to attend our first good oldfashioned 'hometown' homecoming game. It was AWESOME! Trav got the night off work and we went to a tailgating party with some of our friends. Andrew met up with his new "girlfriend" Roma (she declared that he's her boyfriend and loves to give him hugs and kisses), and the two of them were inseparable for the rest of the night. There was a cool fireworks show at halftime. Looking back, I feel pretty silly remembering how many times Trav and I turned to each other with huge grins on our faces, saying, "So this is what it's like to be normal?! This is SO cool!!!"

Andrew's still doing pretty good with his potty training, so we were able to get him into preschool. He's been going for a couple weeks now and is LOVING it! (okay, okay... so what kid doesn't love preschool?) He quickly became friends with a few of the boys there and each day he comes home excited and telling us all about their mud/dirt/sand "fights" they have in the sandbox. I guess they love throwing dirt at each other? Go figure. I guess it's okay since his teacher has never told us that it's a bad thing. Anywho, he's loving the learning.

Here's a fun story: The other week we were practicing for the annual primary program, and right in the middle of singing "I am a Child of God" Andrew stood up in the front row and starting rocking out on his "air guitar". The primary president saw him first and started laughing, so then the kids who saw her laughing turned to see what was happening, and pretty soon all the children were laughing too. To top it off, when he was finished he looked back at me and called out, "Hi Mommy!" and ran over to sit on my lap. Love that kid!!!

You know how people sometimes look up in the sky and make a game out of seeing shapes in the clouds? Well, Andrew's started doing that on the potty. Yes, looking down at his #2 and deciding what they look like. The other day I was walking down the hall and heard him call out, "Mommy, I pooped out a hat!!!!" Then yesterday he called out, "Mommy, I pooped out a hat, and a duck, and a lady! Just like you! I pooped out a mommy!"

Trav's birthday is coming up this weekend, so we went to Boise last Saturday. Fun trip. The highlight was when we ordered some "fresh fruit" for Andrew and after a couple bites he pushed it away. He was feeling a little feverish and I wanted him to eat the fruit all gone, so in order to help eat it I offered to split it with him. I have no idea why I didn't notice it sooner, but when we got to the bottom of the bowl I suddenly realized that the fruit was really, really tangy/zingy.... not sure how to describe it. Horrible aftertaste. I smelled the juice at the bottom of the bowl and yeah, it smelled strongly of alcohol. Trav agreed, so we told the waitresses and then Andrew and I spent the next few hours feeling a little happier than usual, if you know what I mean. Needless to say, I'll be a lot more careful about what Andrew eats in the future. No, you shouldn't have to taste/smell your child's food when you go out to eat, but I feel awful that I forced him to eat alcoholic fruit.

I got to go to the firestation with Andrew and his preschool class last week. Since I lost my camera I didn't get to take any pictures, but another mother there took a couple of him for me, so if/when I receive them I'll be sure to post one on here. He climbed right up into the truck, put on a headset and pretended to talk into the microphone while steering the truck and yelling, "Mayday, mayday, over!"

No comments: