Friday, October 26, 2007

Rambling

You know, I was reading the blogs of a couple friends tonight and realized that it's been a really long time since I've posted anything on ours. For our family and friends who visit our blog regularly, just know that things are going well for us. We started the month with a couple of visits from family and then spent the rest of the month taking turns getting sick and nursing each other back to health. Now that we're all better I have just a few days to try to finish Andrew's Obi-Wan costume for Halloween. He's getting really excited, but with Travis working that night it'll be just the two of us without a car (they're having a trunk 'or' treat at the church but it's kinda hard to walk there in the cold), so we may have to settle for going around to a few of our neighbors' homes. Whatever happens, I'll be sure to put a few pictures on here.

I was just thinking that one year ago at this moment I was sicker than the sickest dog you've ever heard of and we were packing our moving van in Salem and trying to get our apartment cleaned. If anyone reading this was there that night helping us, thank you!!!!! That was the worst moving experience I've ever had and to this day it still brings tears to my eyes when I think of the people who helped us that night - especially those 'angels' who showed up at 11:30pm and stayed until almost 2am helping us finish. Not to mention those family members who traveled all the way out here to help us move in to our current home. Thank you!!!!!!!

Besides this *blah* month and the upcoming Halloween holiday, we've just been enjoying the fall weather here and getting ready for another Weiser winter. Last year we only had a couple snowfalls, so it'll be interesting to see what's headed our way this year. Yesterday Andrew saw something on TV that reminded him about Christmas and he started telling me what he wants Santa Claus to bring him. I get such a big kick out of seeing him so excited. What's on his wish list? So far, he's been pretty consistent about a big boy bike, a tool set and tool box like Handy Manny's, a video game system that he can play on the TV, and a sleeping bag so he can have sleepovers in the living room. (thank goodness we have the last item taken care of already)

The best news of all - Andrew has finally decided that he doesn't want to wear diapers anymore. Hallelujah!!!!! Each night he asks me to let him wear his big boy pants over his diapers, and then talks quite animatedly about all the diapers he won't have to wear anymore (as well as the light-up blue Obi-Wan lightsaber that's waiting for him) when he gets pottytrained. The thought of not having to search for good diapers for a 50 lb /43" tall kid.... it's a nice thought. :) If anyone has any tips for making the transition go smoothly, I'd love to hear them.

Well, I'd better sign off - I need to catch a few zzzzzzz's before heading to our primary program dress rehearsal tomorrow morning...... plus Trav just got home from work. (yay!!!!!!!!!)

No comments: