Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend





















































































































I hope no one minds the mass of pictures on this post, but I just had the hardest time picking which ones were my favorites.
.
This year we spent Thanksgiving with family in Utah, and from the first couple pictures you can see that the weather was great. A little bit cold, but nice. Our family feast was SO nummy... everything we could have wished for. Then rather than taking post-Thanksgiving feast naps, the cousins convinced Uncle Trav to play a pirate game where he got chased around the yard. That night we had a feast of pie followed by some fun games and a movie.
.
On Friday we stayed busy while trying to avoid the shopping chaos around us. Andrew got to help Grandpa around the garage and with cutting some wood (I love the ear protection!). Then we took a quick trip down to the BYU bell tower to snap a few pictures of the place Trav and I first met. That afternoon we headed up to downtown Salt Lake City to see all the Christmas lights turned on - amidst a crowd of over 30,000 other people. Andrew loved the fountain at Temple Square - he said it looked like a whole bunch of whales - and he especially enjoyed making his first wishing-fountain wish ("I wish for Santa to be able to come to my house on Christmas!"). We got to see the nativity, enjoy hot cocoa, and watch the movie Luke II. Then while Trav, my mom, and I went to see a movie in the JSM Building, Andrew got to go ride the Trax Train with Grandpa and uncle Jeff. He especially enjoyed that experience, even though he fell down when the train started moving before he could get seated, and he was upset with the driver for not waiting for him to sit down first. So sweet. When we came out of the movie Andrew was waiting for us by a statue of Joseph Smith and he just couldn't wait to get his picture taken by it. I love that he just had to pat the statue on the arm.
.
This has got to be the shortest holiday visit/vacation we've ever had, but it was great! I've got to note for all our CafeRio-loving friends that we got to eat there twice last week... YUM!! Our thanks go out again to our family members who made our visit possible and enjoyable.

4 comments:

Kari said...

So cute! What a nice Thanksgiving. Glad you're having fun. :)

Winter mama said...

It looks like you had so much fun, To bad I couldn't see you this time.I'm glad had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

John said...

We are jelous that you guys live just a days drive from Utah; looks like you had a fun trip We have never eaten @ Cafe Rio but have heard rumers as to it's delishiousness. Merry Christmas!

Keith and Family said...

Thanks for posting the pictures. I'm glad that Dad has someone new to hold the wood as he cuts it. I did a lot of that as a kid.

Keith