Around 6pm we headed over to the church parking lot for trunk-or-treat. We had been warned not to be late because it's over pretty quickly, and they weren't kidding. By 6:30pm most of the 'trunks' were out of candy and everyone was leaving. Never fear though, Andrew had a blast! Even I was surprised that at least 5 men knew exactly what Jedi Andrew was dressed as (apparently the lightsaber gave it away), and each time they 'guessed right' Andrew would look up at me with a huge smile and laugh. After he got all the candy he could wish for, we put his bucket in the car and then he spent about 10 minutes running around the parking lot looking at all the other kids (and chasing a little girl [Whitney] from his nursery class who was dressed as "his princess").
On the way home we stopped by some friends' house to do a real trick-or-treat, and I have never seen such elaborate decorations. Talk about WOW! As we approached their porch Andrew suddenly stopped walking and just stood there, stunned, taking it all in. I tried to take a picture of Andrew in front of their house but it was too dark at that point and you can't see very much.
When we got home we took a couple pictures of Andrew's loot just as all the trick-or-treaters were hitting the streets. After the first group of kids came to our door Andrew asked if he could hand out the rest of the candy. For those of you who have trouble getting rid of all your candy on Halloween, just let your children pass it out. Each kid that came to our door got the biggest handful of candy that Andrew could give them. He, he, he....
By 8:30pm we were out of candy so we turned off the porch light, ate a late dinner, watched "Escape to Witch Mountain", and took little naps until it was time to go pick up Travis at work. As we were leaving the house, Andrew said, "Mommy, I like Halloween day. I can't wait to do it again. What will I be next time? Hmmmm..... let me see......."




No comments:
Post a Comment