It seems like this month has been really slow as far as any news to share, but a wonderful thing happened today - our landlord sent an electrician out to fix our a/c wall outlet that was melting and our hallway light that hasn't been working for the past few months. So now we have light and a/c. Just in time too.... that nasty heat wave is back.
Something somewhat amusing happened last Sunday at church - it was announced in sacrament meeting that I had been called to work in the primary, but I wasn't aware it had happened. I was asked if I'd be interested and that they were looking for people to help out, but I had no idea it was official or anything. Don't get me wrong, I am excited. I was just a little bit surprised.
Tonight I was talking to Andrew and randomly asked him what he wants to be for Halloween, expecting him to be confused because we've never really talked about Halloween and last year we were in the middle of moving so we kinda skipped the whole thing. Instead, he went quiet, tilted his head to the side and thought for a moment, and then grinning from ear to ear he exclaimed, "a pirate!" He, he, he..... Won't that be fun! He just keeps on surprising me with the things that he knows and what ideas and plans are going on in the cute mind of his.
Last night when Andrew got out of the bath I noticed four red bites on his ankles, which at the time looked like some nasty mosquito bites. Well, within 24 hours they got bigger and darker and he started scratching them like crazy. Travis asked some of his coworkers what they could be and was told without a doubt that they are flea bites. Yeah, gross! I hate fleas. Don't worry grandparents, we don't have them in our house. Evidently they are hatching in the grass right now and it's just a normal part of life here. With all these things that are considered "normal", I don't see us living here for more than another year or two. Anywho, we were told to get some 'jigger cream' at the store and just put insect repellent on him before he goes out to play. Crazy.
Water Storage Myths That Just Won’t Drown
1 week ago




No comments:
Post a Comment